“We want you to hold us in prayer.” -Victoria Iliya, Nigeria
Those were the words of Victoria Illiya, a young woman living in a camp for people displaced by violence in Nigeria. Groups of Fulani militia, herdsmen who are trying to seize land to graze their cattle, are driving people from their homes and burning their farmland. It’s a desperate situation- and yet one of the things that the people we meet ask for most is prayer.
There’s two great ways you can support Victoria and people like her all over the world this November. One Month, One church, One Prayer, and #RedWednesday. Here’s what you need to know:
One Month, One Church, One Prayer
- A month of prayer and action for the persecuted Church organised in partnership with the Religious Liberty Commission, a coalition of charities supporting persecuted Christians
- Held in November because 19 Nov is the International day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church
- CSW’s focus is Nigeria, so once you’ve prayed you can take part in our #StandWithNigeria campaign
- We have everything you need to mark this event in your church– including a film & prayer map – available here.
- We’re partnering with Aid To the Church In Need to mark #RedWednesday, a day of solidarity with persecuted Christians
- Light up your church building in red and shine a light on persecution all over the world!
- Or you can join in by wearing red, or doing a red-themed event!
- Whatever you do, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org: we’d love to pray for you and help you out in any way we can.
November’s just around the corner- we’re looking forward to praying with you!