UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
News from St Andrew’s
Voluntary treasurer needed
We have received this request from our sister church, Wallington URC
Holmwood Preschool at Wallington URC, is looking for a new treasurer as we become a Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
This is a voluntary role which involves the following:
To continuously -
- keep a record of all cash and bank receipts and payments connected to our preschool operating, with details to enable suitable inclusion of each transaction in the annual accounts.
- manage the preschool bank accounts and advise details of transactions when requested.
- keep the pay records for each employee, with details, and arrange timely salary payments each month via BACS with payment advices to the 6 individuals.
- manage the payroll records for the purposes of HMRC and the workplace pension scheme. These tasks typically take about 3-4 hours per month.
Following each year-end to -
- adjust receipts and payments over twelve months to show the appropriate amount for that accounting year.
- produce annually an Income and Expenditure Account and Balance Sheet, with details, for the information of various parties.
- provide the annual accounts for examination and approval.
- keep accounts and records safely for the required period.
Preparation of the accounts typically takes about 12 hours during April to July.
The Preschool financial records are maintained using computer worksheets, Excel, with computer access to online banking and HMRC Basic Tools for payroll records.
The preschool is in the process of becoming a Charitable Incorporated Organisation to comply with the Charity Commission and HMRC requirements. For the last 50 years the preschool has evolved as an activity of the church but now needs to exist as a separate entity. The role of treasurer will not differ greatly when the Preschool becomes a CIO which may be in a few weeks or in about 3 months (from 13th October 2021). Our current treasurer is very willing to assist in the transfer of the role in whatever way is necessary. He will provide further detail for anyone interested in considering this vital role.
Posted on 24 Nov 2021