UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
News from St Andrew’s
As I mentioned in Church Life last Sunday, the Elders met on Monday and discussed at some length what changes we can make to our Sunday services whilst minimising the risks to our members from the continuing Covid pandemic.
Therefore we have decided that starting this coming Sunday we will:
- Ask those attending to continue to wear masks during the service
- Encourage those who so wish to join in singing the hymns whilst wearing masks
- Accompany the first and last hymns with the organ but sing with the recorded music for the other hymns
- Celebrate Holy Communion in our traditional way with Elders distributing bread and wine. The bread and wine will be prepared by one or two people wearing gloves and masks and will be kept covered until the distribution. The pre-packed communion elements will be available for those who feel more comfortable with that arrangement
- Continue to serve tea and coffee after the service and encourage the congregation to take their drinks outside for a time of fellowship. When the weather is not suitable to be outside, we will serve coffee in the church – as we did pre-covid
- Encourage members to take a lateral flow test before attending church as a precaution and to help protect others at the service
- Continue to live-stream services from St Andrew’s and these will be available as usual by following the link on our website.
We have thought it appropriate to advise everyone these changes in advance of Sunday so that you are all aware of the arrangements in advance.
With best wishes
Posted on 5 Sep 2021