UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
News from the wider church
News from the Cools family - May 2021
Mission Aviation Fellowship - May 2021
The Cools Family with MAF
Another term has passed here in Mareeba. Holidays have gone by and the flight training class that started in January has gained a couple of additions. The girls are back at school and Melissa is back in the full swing of things with her degree. Here is what has happened since we last sent out an update.
"I really enjoyed Arnhem Land, being able to fly and not having to tell people what to do, or how to fly was very refreshing. It is very rewarding to think what an impact we have as MAF up there. The day after my line check, I was able to fly by myself. I flew around a teacher, food to a small community, and a medical flight for an elderly lady that was feeling unwell. The work that MAF does up there is definitely required and it is great to think that the work we do at the Flight Training Centre is directly supporting programs such as this worldwide"
- Please pray for Myanmar. The coup has stopped the building of the much needed airstrip that MAF is building there currently. Our hearts break daily thinking and praying of the people in Myanmar.
- All of our students are separated from family and significant others, who they are unable to see due to border closures or interstate travel restrictions. Please pray for them. Pray that things can go back to normal soon.
- Pray for Melissa as she continues to study, especially that she can find the energy to get everything done.
- Covid is spreading in PNG, and the borders between PNG and Australia are now completely closed. We will be unable to start the next training class for PNG nationals. Please pray for the people waiting to come over for their training to find a suitable solution while they are waiting. Also pray for our current PNG students' families as they are affected by this as well.
- Please pray for clarity and that we hear God's voice regarding direction for our future.
- There's a lot of fear worldwide - pray that organisations like MAF can stand out as encouragements in these trying times.
For more information please contact the team using the contact details provided.
MAF UK is a registered Charity in England & Wales (1064598) and in Scotland (SC039107)
Copyright © 2021 MAF UK, All rights reserved.
Castle Hill Avenue,
Folkestone CT20 2TQ,
T 01303 852 819
Posted on 4 May 2021