UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
OpenLP: Adding Bible readings to the plan
Adding a Bible reading to the service plan
To add a Bible reading to the plan, click on the Bibles bar in the Library.
In the Find box type the reading you want, for example:
- Isaiah 2
- Isaiah 2:1-5
- Isaiah 2:1-5,8-10,2:3-9
As you can see from the examples, you can specify multiple extracts from a book. Click on Search and the verses you chose will be listed below. If you are happy with the result, click on the ⊕ symbol (below the Bibles bar) to add the reading to your plan.
Note that the Bible version we use is 'New International Version - UK'. This will normally be selected by default.
Bible readings are fetched from the Bible Gateway website when you add them to a plan. This means that you need to have internet access while adding Bible readings to a plan.
- Creating a service plan:
- The OpenLP desktop
- Creating a new service plan
- Adding songs to the plan
- Adding a new song to the library
- Adding Bible readings to the plan
- Adding slide presentations to the plan
- Adding images to the plan
- Adding sound or video items to the plan
- Adding custom slides to the plan for announcements or liturgy
- Making changes to the service plan
- Extracting song words from a service plan
- Running a service plan:
- Other matters: