UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
Our missionary partners
St Andrew’s supports three missionary partners in prayer and through regular financial support through the Mission Fund. Please remember then in your own prayers, and if you would like to contribute to supporting their work, the treasurer|Treasurer will be happy to hear from you.
Our current partners are:
- Bibi Nédellec with Wycliffe Bible Translators
- The Cools family with Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Sutton Schoolswork
Bibi Nédellec with Wycliffe Bible Translators
Bibi asks that you do not circulate this information without her permission,
which she has kindly given for publication on this website.
Mission Aviation Fellowship - May 2021
The Cools Family with MAF
Another term has passed here in Mareeba. Holidays have gone by and the flight training class that started in January has gained a couple of additions. The girls are back at school and Melissa is back in the full swing of things with her degree. Here is what has happened since we last sent out an update.
"I really enjoyed Arnhem Land, being able to fly and not having to tell people what to do, or how to fly was very refreshing. It is very rewarding to think what an impact we have as MAF up there. The day after my line check, I was able to fly by myself. I flew around a teacher, food to a small community, and a medical flight for an elderly lady that was feeling unwell. The work that MAF does up there is definitely required and it is great to think that the work we do at the Flight Training Centre is directly supporting programs such as this worldwide"
- Please pray for Myanmar. The coup has stopped the building of the much needed airstrip that MAF is building there currently. Our hearts break daily thinking and praying of the people in Myanmar.
- All of our students are separated from family and significant others, who they are unable to see due to border closures or interstate travel restrictions. Please pray for them. Pray that things can go back to normal soon.
- Pray for Melissa as she continues to study, especially that she can find the energy to get everything done.
- Covid is spreading in PNG, and the borders between PNG and Australia are now completely closed. We will be unable to start the next training class for PNG nationals. Please pray for the people waiting to come over for their training to find a suitable solution while they are waiting. Also pray for our current PNG students' families as they are affected by this as well.
- Please pray for clarity and that we hear God's voice regarding direction for our future.
- There's a lot of fear worldwide - pray that organisations like MAF can stand out as encouragements in these trying times.
For more information please contact the team using the contact details provided.
MAF UK is a registered Charity in England & Wales (1064598) and in Scotland (SC039107)
Copyright © 2021 MAF UK, All rights reserved.
Castle Hill Avenue,
Folkestone CT20 2TQ,
T 01303 852 819
Sutton Schoolswork (SSW) is a Christian charity that is passionate about supporting students in Sutton to understand and explore Christianity and to develop spiritually, morally and socially.
Within the London Borough of Sutton there are 45 primary schools and 15 secondary schools and SSW aims to support all those schools in a variety of ways.
The Director of SSW is Simon Ellingham, who has already visited us. Simon has previously acted in the SSW Easter Experience at North Cheam Baptist Church where he played Jesus, and is retired from the Metropolitan Police.
SSW has two full-time schools workers—Sarah Skinner who works with primary schools, and Kate Canning who covers secondaries. The schools workers work with the support of volunteers and of Children’s, Youth and Family Workers from the many churches which support SSW.
SSW workers reach 27,000 children and include leading school assemblies, teaching in RE and PSHE classes, running Christian Unions in schools and organising parent prayer groups. SSW also puts on two dramatised presentations, Discover Christmas and Easter Experience, seen by hundreds of children every year.
The latest news and prayer requests from SSW is usually on the Our news page.
Follow SSW on Twitter: