UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
The Prayer Group continues to pray, each in their own home, at 9:30am every Wednesday. On Wed 8 Jul they will pray especially for Laura Barker’s district. If you have any concern you would like them to include in their prayers, please use our prayer request form.
- New Sunday 5 July service from St Andrew’s
- The most recent service can also be heard on 020 3870 2810
- Earlier services from St Andrew’s
- Watch the Synod online service held on Sunday 7 June led by the Revd George Watt with the new Synod Moderator elect, the Revd Bridget Banks, speaking.
- Recorded daily devotions from the URC
- What a wonderful world - Vera Lynn in 1949
- Summer by Antonio Vivaldi, Itzhak Perlman with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
- The very best of Henry Mancini - this'll take you back
- Melbourne Salvation Army Band in a 125th birthday concert
- Lift thine eyes - Mendelssohn’s anthem sung by the boy choristers of St Paul’s Cathedral as part of the Remember me memorial to those who have died of covid-19.
The written word
- The breath of the Almighty gives me life - Dai Woolridge's response to the pandemic
- Recipe of the week - Jambalaya: comfort food from Louisiana
- A chance for peace in Burma - news from CSW
- Imagining a better world - blog from Tearfund
- Dead Sea scroll discovered in Manchester - slight exaggeration, but interesting nonetheless
The spoken word
Spring Harvest at Home continues to provide new material on its YouTube channel
Radio and TV
The office is closed at present, but email and phone messages are still being handled and we welcome enquiries about future hall bookings
Help - needed and offered
Do you need help with shopping or anything else? Would you like someone to phone you for a chat?
Could you help someone with shopping or anything else? Could you call someone who is lonely?
If the answer is yes, Heather Saint would love to hear from you. Just complete our help form and she will be in touch.
A prayer for challenging times
Loving God in heaven, During these challenging times, we ask You to give us:
- Confidence in You, that we may put our lives in Your hands
- Trust in You, that we remember You are in charge
- Peace, that we allow ourselves to rest in Your loving arms
- Healing, for those afflicted by the virus
- Calm, for those who have been exposed to the virus and are awaiting test results
- Love for You and Your children, who are each suffering in different ways. Amen.
from St Joan of Arc Church, San Ramon, California
Please pray today for ...Safety for people travelling and for all transport staff.
St Andrew’s news
- News from Streams of Mercy
- Prayers for the Persecuted Church
- Help from Sutton Borough
- Cameron makes national news!
- New Synod Moderator nominated
As most of us were unable to attend Eveline’s funeral her sons Graham and David have prepared a tribute in pictures, music and words which you can view here, including now the video of the crematorium service
News from the world
- EA: A call to be braver and kinder
- CSW: Pray for India
- Glenthorne School in the news
- Tearfund: Live event on Thursday 25 June
- Join MPs and peers for breakfast!
Today’s Bible verse
Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Matthew 24:35 NIV from BibleGateway.com
Our Sunday Bible readings
NIV® Copyright © 1979, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.