St Andrew’s website
We've made some changes to help
you through these difficult times
Clocks went forward this morning - did you remember?
Your virtual church
With all services and events at the church suspended during the current crisis there are links below to some materials which you might find comforting or useful. They will be updated regularly, so please come back. If you have any suggestions or requests please website,manager|email Peter.
The prayer group which normally meets in the Chapel at 9:30 on Wednesday mornings will continue to pray, each in their own home, at the same time each week. If you have any particular people or concerns you would like them to include in their prayers, please use our prayer request form
- New O sacred head, sore wounded, known as the Passion Chorale
- New Come people of the risen King sung by Kristyn Getty
- New Is it I, Lord? sung by the boys of the National Youth Choir of Scotland
- Stuart Townend singing his version of The Lord’s my Shepherd
- Onward Christian Soldiers - in a forest!
The written word
- New The Anchorites - self-isolation in the Middle Ages - Godelinde Gertrude Perk
- New Why doesn’t God stop Coronavirus? - Justin Brierley
Radio and TV
- Songs of Praise on Sunday 29 March at 1:15pm on BBC1 with Aled Jones and the Archbishop of York designate
- Ruth Valerio and Isabelle Hamley reflect on how we care for and nurture the natural world (requires free BBC login)
- Premier Christian Radio is on digital radio, Freeview channel 725, medium wave and online. Also on DAB are sister stations Premier Gospel and Premier Praise.
- All the BBC's religious broadcasting is listed here.
The church office is closed until further notice. No bookings are currently being taken for any of the rooms or halls. Email to office and voicemail left on 020 8642 5000 will be handled as soon as possible.
Help - needed and offered
Do you need help with shopping or anything else? Would you like someone to phone you for a chat?
Could you help someone with shopping or anything else? Could you call someone who is lonely?
If the answer is yes, Heather Saint would love to hear from you. Just complete our help form and she will be in touch.
A prayer for these times
New O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely upon your holy will. In every hour of the day reveal your will to me. Bless my dealings with all who surround me.
Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul, and with the firm conviction that your will governs all. In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.
Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day and all that it shall bring.
Direct my will, teach me to pray; pray you, yourself, in me. Amen.
by Metropolitan Philaret Drozdov of Moscow (1782-1867)
Please pray today for ...Jelly Beans Pre-school; for children and teachers as they learn in a Christian environment.
St Andrew’s news
- Christian Aid Week collection cancelled
- SSW: March update
- URC: Youth assembly and Walking the Way
- Reuben Watt serves as Youth Moderator
- SSW: Prayer update - February
News from the world
- New SH: Spring Harvest Home - 13-17 April
- EA: Coronavirus advice and encouragement
- JPIT: Covid-19, foodbanks, mutual aid
- Premier: Walking without fear
- Premier: Do not let your hearts be troubled
Today’s Bible verse
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21 NIV from BibleGateway.com
Sunday Bible readings
While our services are suspended, here are links to the lectionary readings which we would normally have used:
NIV® Copyright © 1979, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.